Susan G. Komen - Executive Director – Revenue Level 5 Affiliate
The Executive Director is a highly-skilled nonprofit professional that provides leadership, vision and direction to the Affiliate, the broader Susan G. Komen for the Cure organization and the entire breast health community. The Executive Director represents the Affiliate to the public, leads organizational development and strategic planning, optimizes financial performance, builds donor relationships, oversees personnel and impacts public policy. The Executive Director works closely with the Affiliate Board of Directors, Komen Headquarters and the Affiliate Network and is responsible for expanding systems and procedures to accomplish the mission and reach the strategic goals set forth by the board.
The Executive Director develops organizational strategy, sound practices and supportive relationships, both internally and externally, resulting in cooperative and effective collaborations that further the promise of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- Maintain appropriate staffing structure; oversee recruiting, training, development, and evaluation of staff.
- Effectively develop business systems and strategies and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Maintain ethical standards and accountability, manage risk, perform due diligence, and implement operational best practices.
- Ensure that the organization is in compliance with all laws and guidelines governing nonprofit organizations and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Affiliation Agreement, Policies and Guidelines.
- Guide the strategic planning process with the Board to ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Based on the Board’s direction and staff input, ensure that the organization has an annual operations plan that is aligned with its strategic plan. Carry out plans and document results.
- Monitor and adapt to changes in the business and nonprofit environment.
Minimum Requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, and a minimum of 8 years professional experience as an Executive Director including responsibility for a budget of at least $2,000,000 annually, non-profit governance, public health education and programming, grant making, staff and volunteer management, donor-based fundraising and communications.
Candidate will also possess:
- Ability to be strategic and motivate and inspire staff and external constituents
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diverse population
- Experience working and directing the success of volunteers
- Dedication to principles of inclusion
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism that garners the trust and respect of others
- A record of planning and supporting growth and change
- A professional nature with the ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience working with a board of directors
- Desire to shape public issues and enliven public debate
Preferred experience of a Master’s or Doctorate Degree in a related field of study; strong understanding of service area and diverse populations; direct exposure to volunteer-driven organizations.
Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position.
See Full Position Responsibilities & Requirements
All inquiries may be sent to email@example.com
National Jewish Health has an excellent opportunity for a professional to join our fast-paced Southeast Regional Development team as an Administrative Assistant II.
The Administrative Assistant II provides advanced-level support to the regional directors and managers. The incumbent will serve as a liaison to the non-sectarian National Jewish Health Southeast Region community to staff, donors, prospects and the public. The selected candidate is an integral partner in ensuring that with every person in which they come into contact with has a positive experience while effectively supporting all of the administrative functions of the office. The candidate will also assist with special events and support the regional director and other staff. Qualified candidates will demonstrate advanced skills and experience in written and oral communication, attention to detail, problem solving, organization, customer service and time management.
Please visit http://jobs.nationaljewish.org/administrative-assistant-ii/job/5384258 for a detailed job description and to submit an online application. Only completed online applications will be considered for this role.
Opportunity for a Development Professional
Our not-for-profit organization based in southern Broward County, FL, has an opportunity for a fundraising/development professional to join our team.
As a member of the development team that enhances visibility and philanthropic support for the organization’s mission, the development professional will coordinate and participate in fundraising initiatives, including stewardship, research, prospect management, proposal development, among other fundraising responsibilities. The professional will contribute to achieving the strategic goals and objectives, including total dollars raised, solicitations planned, and cultivation/stewardship progression.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicating and cultivating relationships with donors, and documenting actions.
- Planning, developing and executing targeted mail/e-mail communications as part of organizational cultivation/solicitation efforts.
- Compiling research on prospective donors.
- Preparing proposals for prospective donors.
- Developing and maintaining various tracking reports, and integrating tracking with Raisers Edge.
- Coordinating participation in conferences and events.
- General administrative tasks.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas are desirable:
- Planned Giving
- Grant Writing
- Annual Giving
- A BA/BS degree with a minimum of two years of development experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills a must!
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and prioritize effectively while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proficient in software applications (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel) and database management. Experience with Raisers Edge a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence, enthusiasm and a team player.
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends when required.
Excellent benefits provided. We are an EOE.
Send resume with cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Regional Director Opportunity
Boca Raton, Florida
National Jewish Health is seeking a seasoned major and planned gifts officer for the position of Associate Regional Director for its Southeastern Regional office based in Boca Raton. National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the United States. It is known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research. Founded by the Jewish community in 1899 as a nonprofit hospital, National Jewish Health remains the only facility in the world dedicated exclusively to these disorders. National Jewish Health has ranked as the number one or number two hospital in pulmonology on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals list ever since pulmonology was included in the rankings.
The Associate Regional Director will identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gift prospects in support of the groundbreaking medical research and treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and relates disorders. The candidate selected for this position will work with the Southeast Regional team to expand fundraising in the region. The successful candidate will join National Jewish Health to advance our mission to change the lives of patients worldwide through healing, making discoveries and providing education. Qualified candidates will excel in developing planned, major gifts and event donor relationships. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Please visit http://jobs.nationaljewish.org/associate-regional-director/job/5376461 for a detailed job description and to submit an online application.
Director Regional Development
National Jewish Health
(561) 477-5400 office
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Gilda’s Club South Florida seeks qualified candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Gilda’s Club CEO has overall operational responsibility for the administration of organizational programs, staff, and resources associated with the activities required to fulfill the agency’s mission. The CEO executes plans and operations that strengthen and sustain the organization. The CEO reports to the Gilda’s Club South Florida Board of Directors.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
The CEO provides general oversight of all agency activities, manages day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning and efficient organization. The CEO maintains program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation. The CEO demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and addressing strategic issues as well as in designing and implementing effective interventions including to handle demanding situations.
The CEO leads a profitable fund development program, providing direction in developing and implementing the organization’s fundraising plan and monitoring the plan’s progress. The CEO administers programs and services and oversees fiscal activities in a cost-effective manner, employing economy, upholding quality, and assuring stewardship.
The CEO cultivates the relationships necessary to support a successful and sustainable organization. The CEO employs effective communication to market and position the organization within the community. The CEO serves as the agency’s chief spokesperson and acts as an advocate for issues relevant to the agency.
The CEO keeps the board of directors fully informed of the organization’s condition and all important influential factors such as general business management, governance, philanthropy, resource acquisition, and service provision. The CEO works with the board to establish a strategic direction and manage a due diligence process, observing its legal obligations and fulfilling its governance function.
Candidates preferably hold an advanced degree such as a Master’s in Business Administration or Social Work with 5 to 10 years of senior management experience. Candidates have proven leadership and relationship management skills. Candidates demonstrate ability developing and operationalizing strategies that have effectively grown an organization along with past success cultivating and working with a board of directors. Candidates are committed to the Gilda’s Club South Florida mission.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits commensurate experience
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com
Friday, March 11, 2016.
Application materials will be reviewed on a rolling basis until that date. Early applications are encouraged.
Gilda’s Club South Florida:
Gilda’s Club South Florida is a regional nonprofit organization dedicated to providing information, resources, and supportive services to individuals, caregivers, and families impacted by cancer. The Gilda’s Club mission is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. Through its clubhouse in Fort Lauderdale and at multiple community sites, Gilda’s Club offers support to the whole family so that no one faces cancer alone. Gilda’s Club South Florida is the second oldest Gilda’s Club affiliate with more than 3,000 members participating in monthly support groups, workshops, lectures, and social activities.
Gilda’s Club South Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
forward your announcements for
posting to info@PGCBroward.org